- Had dinner (chicken + sweet potato) night before before 6pm
- Breakfast (oats, banana, maple syrup) was great once again
- Warmed up for about 10 minutes about an hour pre-swim, stretched, dynamic WU, and then a run (tried to get up to Z4 but couldn't?).
- Tri suit fit GREAT and felt great.
- Warm up closer to start.
- Foam roll at home.
- Couldn't get to Z4 in the WU. AI: Make sure watch is on correctly / push a little harder in WU?
Swim (16:16, 10/22 AG)
- Followed plan, could have maybe gone a bit faster but didn't want to wear myself out.
- Sighting went great! Didn't stray too off-course like I did at the Rookie.
- Breathing went well, stroke could have been a bit stronger.
- Got passed a few times. AI: Get faster. :)
- Felt really thirsty about halfway in. AI: Drink more electrolyte before swim?
T1 (2:34, 7/22 AG)
Followed plan to the t, EXCEPT dried my feet a little to get some grass off…not sure if worthwhile.
Bike (39:16, 14/22 AG)
- New threshold! 149W.
- DEMOLISHED race plan target of 145W, avg (non-normalized) was 153!
- Not in aero as much as I would've liked. AI: Stay in aero more during workouts.
- Despite good performance, I think I could have gone harder. AI: Not sure. Maybe FTP just jumped a lot in past few weeks, so this should work itself out.
- Completely forgot to have the gel at mile 9/10. AI: Double-check alerts on bike computer and maybe unzip compartment a bit with the gel sticking out as a reminder.
T2 (2:50, 19/22 AG)
- Forgot to have gel, again. AI: Print out race plan place in transition area.
- Was really slow when putting on socks. AI: Consider practicing without socks every once in a while. Body glide?
Run (32:18, 21/22 AG)
- Ran the entire distance–no walking!
- No hip pain after bike.
- Beat my Rookie Tri pace by almost a minute per mile (RT was 11:21, CapTex was 10:27).
- Felt like I could have pushed myself harder, but didn't. AI: ???
- My best race ever, despite having a gnarly cold.
- New bike FTP!
- Don't forget to have gels next time!